What can I do?

If you think that you are a trafficked person, there are several steps which can change your situation. This always starts with telling your story to the police or other organisations and persons. After that, you can choose to make a report of a crime or provide a statement. This may lead to a court suit.

An important first step is to tell your story. You can tell it to the police but also to other investigative services such as the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee and the Social Affairs & Employment Inspectorate (Inspectorate SZW). If you are not ready for that, you can also go to other organisations or persons who can help you.

"When I was five, I was taken out of an orphanage by three strange men. From then on, I had to perform sexual acts for them. Later, they sold me to a different man. Since then, I have worked in five different countries as a prostitute." Song Yan | China